Top Ten Reasons to hire a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics shared from the Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition, a dietetic practice group of the American Dietetic Association.
1. optimize athlete / client recruitment & retention
2. enhance athletic performance of athletes / clients
3. speed recovery of athletes / clients following training, competition, surgery, illness or injury
4. develop nutrition strategies to compliment annual preparation, competition, and transition or off -season programs
5. develop hydration schedules for athletes
6. assist athletes in management of body weight & body composition
7. teach athletes about choosing, storing, & preparing food
8. evaluate dietary supplements & sports foods for efficacy, safety, & quality
9. provide nutrition counseling to athletes who have medical conditions, including diabetes, cardiovascular risk factors, compromised bone health, abnormal iron status, food allergies, or GI problems such as gluten sensitivity.
For more information contact www.scandpg.org